Today’s wallpapers are convenient and practical to use in case you want to renovate or change the appearance of your walls. You can choose from various widths (18 to 27 inches) of wallpaper in the market. A whole sheet of wallpaper can cover an area of 36 square feet but since walls too have different sizes, certain parts of the wallpaper sheet are trimmed so one sheet usually ends up with a covered area of about 30 square feet of wall area.
Wallpaper has indeed undergone important innovations. These days, if you are shopping around for wallpapers and related supplies, you can choose from a lot of wallpaper with extensive designs. There are wallpapers which need separate pastes so they can be attached to walls. There are also wallpapers which are pre-pated at the back, installers need only to remove the protective covering and the wallpaper is ready to be installed on the wall. Today’s wallpapers are also made of different materials depending on which type of wallpaper they are.
- A Common Wallpaper is one which requires the installer to apply adhesives at the back before it can be attached onto the wall. It is the classic wallpaper that adds grace and elegance to homes. Common wallpaper is ideally used in walls and areas where it is less likely to be damaged or worn such as in dining rooms, bedrooms and living room.
- A Foil Wallpaper can create a small area to be interesting with details on the walls. It is wallpaper made with a metal foil printed with a variety of patterns. This type of wallpaper requires serious and considerable amount of effort when being attached to the wall. Once folded or wrinkled, the foil wallpaper will not look very inviting. It also tends to reveal and show the flaws of the walls on which it was attached.
- The Vinyl Wallpaper has been replacing the Common wallpaper in popularity. This wallpaper may be used in variety of purposes; can be bought from paint hardware store and other home renovation shops. It may be used in almost any room of the house including bathrooms, kitchens and nurseries. Some vinyl wallpapers are manufactured with mildew resisting materials. It is easier to work with, durable and can endure some light scrubbing or exposure to moisture.
- The Flock Wallpaper is most commonly attached to the walls of dining rooms and more formal area which needs some decorative highlights. Flock wallpaper was originally made by gluing onto the sheet of paper some wool waste product. The loose flock particles must be vacuumed first before application. The flocks are washable yet may be damaged when rubbed or scrubbed.
- The Fabric Wallpaper is made from cloth and textiles. It is difficult to work with fabric wallpaper
- and prevent it from getting stained.
- The Grasscloth wallpaper is an exotic type of wall covering as it is made of grasses woven together. Areas or spaces where it is likely to get worn are ideal to be decorated with grasscloth wallpaper. Since it has intricate and interesting design, children are likely to touch it and thus result to possible wear.