In today’s economy, many people are looking to reduce their energy usage and save money. You can reduce your electricity bill by following these five simple tips:
1. Use CFL Bulbs – Replace all incandescent bulbs in your house to compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. CFL bulbs require less electricity and will reduce your energy usage in your home.
2. Wash Only Full Loads of Clothes – Reduce the number of loads of laundry you do in your home a week by only washing clothes when you have a full load. Many newer, eco-friendly washers require less water than older washers, so investing in newer washers can be a great option. Some people even take it a step further by investing in specific technologies like a flow meter, a device that actually measures the amount of water your household is using.
3. Turn off Household Items – You will be amazed at how you can reduce your energy usage each month by remembering to turn off the lights when you leave a room, turn off the TV when no one is watching it, and especially turning off your computer monitor when it is not in use. These small changes will make a big difference in your energy bill each month.
4. Set Your Thermostat Right – In the summer set your air conditioner a few degrees warmer and in the winter set your furnace a few degrees cooler to reduce energy usage. In addition, having a regular air conditioner and furnace maintenance can also help you save energy and money. Check the Right On Air Conditioning and Heating / Furnace Repair to learn all about HVAC systems.
5. Unplug What You Don’t Use – If you have gadgets in your home that you do not use but they have lights or a clock, unplug these items to reduce the amount of electricity you use. These small gadgets can add up to using a lot of energy over the course of a year.
So, as you can see, using these five simple tips can really help reduce your energy usage month in and month out.