Kitchen design ideas –
Are You Designing Your Kitchen or doing a kitchen remodeling project?
A kitchen is the central headquarters for the family. Kitchen is often the showplace of the home, and yet it is required to function well for a wide variety of tasks. A well-designed kitchen remodeling project will beautifully prepare the kitchen a sense of well-being to become the favorite place in the home. As you plan your new kitchen, you must consider both the utility and the look factor.
Kitchen design ideas – choose the one that suits you best!
When thinking of ideas for designing your kitchen, you could either consider one- one part of the kitchen at a time or pick up a complete theme. A complete theme could be something like a design based on Feng Shui, which incorporates all its principles. Feng shui concerns the art of placement and you could help you to arrange your kitchen in a way that enhances its good energy. For instance, according to Feng Shui, the cook’s back should never face the kitchen entrance so you must design accordingly.
Now another way is that you could choose a particular look for the kitchen floor, the walls, the storage, etc. This can be done in various ways depending upon the amount of money you are willing to spend, the layout of the kitchen, and your taste. Here are some specific design ideas for your kitchen :
* Kitchen floor– Your flooring choice is important as it will set the tone for the whole kitchen. The textural quality of the floor always appeals to eye and has a radical effect on how one perceives the room as a whole. For kitchens, the two most elegant floors are tiles / stones and laminated or wood flooring. Ceramic tiles are a premium product for a kitchen and represent an impressive upgrade over any other floor. The only disadvantage is the cold feel. However, if you want, you can also opt for a floor heating system. When it comes to matters of hardwood flooring, you need to use a specialist flooring refinisher. To find one, contact us so that we can refer you to the best professionals in your area who are trained to restore damaged wood flooring back to its former glory.
* Kitchen countertops – While choosing your countertop, select a color and texture that will compliment your cabinetry, floor or paint selection. Don’t be afraid in combining two or more countertop materials, like quartz or granite countertops. Complimentary colors and textures on adjacent surfaces create visual interest. Also remember, it pays to select a material, which will withstand years of use without extraordinary maintenance requirements and is easily repairable should an accident occur. Strong options for kitchen countertops include quartz countertops and granite countertops. Having a quartz countertop or a granite countertop installation means you can have a countertop that is more budget friendly and also more customizable.
* Kitchen lighting – you might have a large ceiling fixture, equipped with energy-efficient fluorescent tubes that supply plenty of well-diffused general lighting. However it may leave you working in your own shadow at the sink, range, and countertops. These areas in your kitchen need supplemental task lighting. Also placing your windows is a tricky question.
Kitchen design layout –
The perfect arrangement
Kitchen designing is very subjective, so a layout that might be perfect for one can be disastrous for another. This is primarily because the tastes, and the ways of people in terms of working habits, styles are vastly different. Thus, kitchen layouts should be done according to the necessities and specifications of the prime user of the space, who has definite ideas about how he/she would like their working space to be. But apart from this subjective outlook, there are certain steps that you should follow while designing your kitchen plan or layout. Following are the stages –
Stages in kitchen design layout
Follow these simple steps in order to get your kitchen space rightly utilized with a desirable look-
1. Measure your kitchen in a detailed manner, the position of the doors, windows, electric points, drains and sinks etc. If you’re in need of an electrician to locate the electric points, then visit callw3.com/.
2. Demarcate the kitchen areas into three – Storage, cooking, and cleaning. Go about planning the space, keeping these three aspects in mind.
3. Make a list of the kitchen appliances that you are likely to use in the kitchen, and provide space for them according to their dimensions.
Keep these three points in mind and then design your kitchen in a style that fits in accordance to your tastes. Following are some of the stereotypical kitchen design layouts that are used –
Kitchen design layouts – Types
These are the 4 basic kitchen layouts that are generally followed while designing a kitchen –
1. Corridor layout – This is meant for a narrow kitchen, where there are two facing rows. One for storage and the other for cleaning and cooking. Make sure there is a minimum 1200mm space between the two rows.
2. L shaped layout – This is a layout, where the rows are diagonal to one another, thus forming an L shape. This gets the kitchen working space into the corner, thus giving a lot of free space to move about.
3. U shaped layout – this is the best choice for small kitchens and very convenient too.
4. Island layout – This one on the other hand is meant for large kitchens. Here the cooking hob is on a different box unit, while the L shaped row is for the sink and storage purposes.