Greenhouses and gardens are an excellent way to harvest your own vegetables, herbs, and flowers.
- Unfortunately, some people do not have the amount of space to afford a large greenhouse, or garden. This is largely due to them living in apartments, with no yards, or simply very little space to work with.
Mini-greenhouses are compact and can be collapsed when they are not being used.
They can also be setup anywhere that you have space.
- Most miniature greenhouse are designed to be setup on a patio, or in a small yard, however, there are some designs that can be setup for indoor use.
A mini-greenhouse does not need to be terribly sturdy as they will spend most of the time out of the weather and in doors.
- Most miniature greenhouses are designed with a solid black covering and an internal UV lamp and an outdoor electric heater to optimize year round growth.
They are also designed with a set of racks that your plants can be put on while they are in the greenhouse. They are smaller then standard greenhouses and typically require less care. Internal greenhouses can also allow for hydroponic plant systems. Versatility and compact design allow for many different options for the indoor apartment gardener.
Picking out the correct mini-greenhouse can sometimes be difficult.
- You must first recognize the amount of room that you are capable of having and working with.
- If there is a patio behind, or in front of, your apartment, your options are slightly better.
While still smaller then the average greenhouse, these smaller versions are perfect for people who are wanting to save money on vegetables and herbs, as well as people who are gardening for the joy of gardening.
- You can construct your own miniature PVC framed greenhouse, or purchase a professionally made greenhouse from other sources.
Growing your own plants in your apartment can be very simple.
- With mini-greenhouses equipped with greenhouse heaters (get your green house heater @ konservatory.co.uk), you only need the plant seedlings, as well as pots to start the growing process.
Mini-greenhouses are becoming very popular in apartment complexes, especially for ecologically minded people.
- Producing and consuming vegetables and herbs without hurting the planet is a serious concern and can be addressed with small greenhouses.
- Knowing what you need and where to get it is the most important step to living green with a mini-greenhouse.
- There are many different designs and different manufacturers.
Affordability can also be an issue in picking out your ideal mini-greenhouse. It may be cheaper to simply build your own small greenhouse out of PVC and greenhouse plastic.
- While it is a good idea to start an apartment garden, remember to check with your landlord.
- There may be regulations that can prevent, or regulate your garden.
- Make sure you know what you can do with it before you begin.